1) What is Pilates?
*Developed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century, Pilates is a method that transforms the way your body looks, feels, and performs. Excercises performed in Pilates sessions focus on spinal and pelvic alignment, breathing, developing strong muscles, and improving coordination and balance. Through Pilates you can develop body awareness, improve posture and flexibility, and help alleviate pain throughout the body. Read more about Joseph Pilates and the Pilates Method. 2) What should I wear to my Pilates session?
* Because Pilates exercises work through full ranges of motion, it is recommended that you wear fitted workout pants and a comfortable exercise top. You do not need shoes for Pilates classes, however some clients prefer to wear yoga socks with grip along the bottom to prevent slipping. Grip socks are available for purchase in a variety of sizes and styles in the retail area near the front desk of each club. 3) How much do Pilates classes cost?
- Pilates Mat Classes: Free to GHF Members
• Pilates and Bar Equipment classes:
• Single class drop-in rate $20
• 4 sessions per month $69 (monthly auto-renew)
• 8 sessions per month $129 (monthly auto-renew)
• 12 sessions per month $179 (monthly auto-renew)
*all Pilates/Barre packages can be used for both Pilates and Barre classes at any of our GHF locations.
4) How much to Private and Semi-Private sessions cost?
*Prices for our Private and Semi-Private Pilates sessions vary depending on frequency and duration of training. Visit our website at www.ghfc.com/pilates and click on "Discover our Private and Semi-Private Sessions" to set up your consultation. 5) How do I schedule my sessions?
• All Pilates classes can be scheduled through your mindbody account. Go to www.ghfc.com/pilates and click on the “book your sessions” tab where you can log in with your username and password. Once logged in to mindbody, click on the Pilates tab at the top of the page where you can access our weekly class schedule. Simply click on the class of your choice to add yourself to the class.
6) Help, I forgot my password?
- Private and Semi-Private Pilates session schedules will be set up during your complimentary consultation or directly with your instructor.
* Forgot your password? No problem. Simply visit our webpage at www.ghfc.com/pilates and click on the “book your sessions” tab. Once on the mindbody site you click on the “forgot password” tab. 7) How do I cancel my class or private session?
• All of our Pilates classes have a 3-hour cancellation policy. Simply log into your mindbody account by going to www.ghfc.com/pilates and click on the “book your sessions” tab. Once logged into your account you can click on your scheduled classes tab and cancel out of your class. If you do not cancel your class within that 3-hour cancellation window, you may lose that session.
8) When do my classes expire?
- All of our Private and Semi-Private Pilates sessions have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Private and Semi-Private Pilates sessions must be cancelled directly through your Pilates instructor to prevent being charged for that session.
*All of our classes have a one-month expiration date from date of purchase. Un-used sessions do not rollover to the following month. 9) How do I cancel/freeze my monthly auto-renew package?
*Our auto-renewing contracts can be frozen or cancelled at any time with 14 days notice. Simply inform your instructor and they will make sure that you are taken care of. 10) Is there a safe place to put my keys/belongings?
* Yes, all of our clubs have free lockers in the locker rooms. In addition, our Pilates Studio has space for you to keep your personal belongings. 11) Can I put my child in the kid’s club during my Pilates class/session?
*As a member of GHFC, you have free access to the kid’s club at each of our locations. Children have a 2-hour time limit in the kid’s club, so please plan your workout accordingly.