Over the course of the first four and a half years he was in the industry, he worked for six companies that went bankrupt in several locations around central Florida. Cirulli lived in closed down buildings, his car, health clubs he worked at, and was totally broke multiple times. And when Cirulli got down to his last 12 cents, he found another inspiring book, Think and Grow Rick, by Napoleon Hill. This book talked about the secret of success and in order for you to be successful you simply have to know what you wanted out of life.
So Cirulli took a legal pad and started writing. He wrote down his 10 goals for himself.
1. I will someday own my own health club in Gainesville, Florida, so no one is ever going to tell me where I'm going to live.
2. I'll make the health club respected in the Gainesville community.
3. Earn $100,000 by the time I’m 25.
4. Own a Mercedes-Benz like the one driven by the Six Million Dollar Man.
5. Own a home in the mountains, one by the ocean and build a home for my parents.
6. Become a black belt in karate.
7. Become a pilot and own an airplane.
8. Travel all over the United States.
9. Travel all over the world.
10. Save $1 million.
Cirulli read his list every morning and every night, year after year. In 1977, he started Gainesville Health & Fitness Center in a 1,500 sq. ft. club and in 1978, it opened at Creekside Mall in 2,500 sq. ft. with 3 employees. The other nine goals took a little more time, but he achieved all of them within 12 years- before his 33rd birthday.