CrossFit Coach & Director of Personal Training
As a senior in high school, I decided that a sports scholarship would get in the way of pursuing the degree I wanted and to decided to chase my dream of becoming a Florida graduate. I worked full-time as a butcher and attended The University of Florida, majoring in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology with a specialization in Exercise Physiology. While in college, I found my love for strength athletics, especially Strongman and The Scottish Highland Games. I did particularly well in The Highland Games, earning the rank of an “A” class athlete, the highest level of the amateur divisions.
My work as a Personal Trainer at GHF began in 2008 and completed my internship in 2009. I was promoted to Personal Training Team Leader, Master Level Trainer and Director of Education in 2010. In 2014 I was asked to develop a strength program specifically geared towards CrossFit athletes and then asked to run the program in August of 2015. In June of 2018, I have now taken on the role of Director of Personal Training. I love everything athletically related and was drawn to work with CrossFit athletes because of their willingness to work and sheer dedication to improvement.
Certifications and Honors
- NSCA: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- CrossFit Level 1
- Kettlebell Concepts Level 2: Metabolic and Neurological Adaptation Specialist
- Madd Dogg Boot Camp Instructor
- NSCA Instructor for Certified Personal Training and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Exam Preparation Seminars
- NSCA Florida State Advisory Board Member