What to Expect at GHF CrossFit
At GHF CrossFit, we will teach you the fundamentals of CrossFit, not just the first time, but every time you come out to the Tioga Turf. The best way to accomplish this is by the 3 week Beginner's Guide to CrossFit. The workouts are comprised of movements common to CrossFit (Kettlebell Swings, Wall Balls, Burpees, Ball Slams, and Pull-Ups). From the Beginner's Guide, you'll then go directly into the WOD's with other CrossFit athletes.
Here's what to expect during your first time on the turf:
- Introduction: We'll learn about your goals, current workout regimen, and any injuries or pre-existing conditions you may have.
- Warm-up: A brief of easy movements to get you warm and prepared to do work.
- Mobility: Stretches and exercises to ensure you're able to maintain safe, sound positions.
- Exercise Review: Moving safely and effectively is always our top goal and you will be led through a few different exercises to check your form.
- WOD: WOD stands for Workout Of The Day - it's the part of CrossFit that you usually see or hear about. It's typically performed in a circuit style format, where you move from one exercise to another with minimal or no rest in between. We'll give you a WOD to meet your current fitness level and we'll encourage you to do your best, rest assured there will be no pressure to over-do it. :)
- Cool-down: A few finishing stretches to bring your heart rate back down in a safe manner. You'll also have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
Make sure to bring a water bottle and towel. Wear comfortable gym attire and shoes, and check in with the front desk before heading out to the main gate for the CrossFit Turf.
To sign up for the Beginner's Guide to CrossFit, fill out the form below.
We'll contact you shortly.